2019 YWPA Award Recipient, Zonta Club of Niagara Falls, District 4 and Zonta International Amal Qayum
Amal Qayum has an impressive record of accomplishments during her secondary school career.
- worked with the District School Board of Niagara’s Student Senate as a student trustee.
- President of OSTA-AECO, the largest student stakeholder group in Ontario.
- was liaison between political figures including the Education Minister and educational figures within the school board and schools at large.
- designed a summer camp which worked to support young Muslim girls through her local mosque.
- Through a Speak Up Grant, was able to coordinate, lead and organize a Multicultural Event.
- balanced her extra-curricular involvements with her courses to maintain an astonishing average in the mid-90%.
Amal graduated from Westlane Secondary School in June 2019. She plans on studying International Relations at the University of Toronto and pursue a JD in Law or a Master’s in Business or Education. She wants to continue influencing systemic change at the provincial level ensuring that Ontario’s youth are set up for success.